It’s time to rate yourself on how well you are keeping your business asset, your website, safe from malware and other assorted baddies. Having a website go down is time consuming, embarrassing, and expensive to fix. Fill out the quiz below and check out your website security preparedness!
- Still have “Admin” as your username login? Your site is extremely vulnerable to attack. Change it and protect yourself from the botnet hoards trying to break your password.
- Backup your website to a remote location other than your webhost. Webhosts only keep backups from the previous evening only. If an infection, plugin conflict, or any files were deleted or damaged, you are out of luck. Try Backup Buddy or VaultPress. Backups are peace of mind! (See our list of resources.)
- Keep your WordPress software up to date, most of the updates are security related. Also your plugins should be kept up to date as well – even the inactive ones.
- Login protection – Login Security Solution does a nice job of slowing down botnets from breaking into your website.
- Is your website always up? Unless you are personally checking many times a day, you simply won’t know your site visitors are having problems accessing your site. Ignorance isn’t bliss and could be costing you money from lost sales. Down time is more prevalent than most people realize. Get a free pingdom.com account and get alerted if your site goes down.
Yikes, Need Help?
We can do this all for you, sign-up for our Security Package and breathe easy!