Here are ten easy things you can check to ensure your website is ready for the new year!
- Copyright date. Is the copyright in the website footer the current year? Nothing screams outdated like the wrong copyright year.
- Business Hours. If you have a storefront, are the business hours current?
- Social Media Icons. Is your business still using all the follow us social media icons in your header or footer? Also, are the links correct? Occasionally a mistake creeps in, it’s worth checking.
- Contact form. Make sure your contact form is still working and going to the right staff member.
- Staff/Team. Speaking of staff, is your Team/Staff page up to date?
- Newsletter sign-up. If you have a newsletter sign-up form, is that still working?
- Services Page. If your website has a service page or section, are they up to date?
- Links. Any broken links? You can check them with the official W3C Link Checker.
- Visually inspect Menu Bar Pages. Check your main pages listed in the menu bar, does everything look okay? Nothing beats a visual inspection. Be ready to jot down anything that you need to modify.
- Domain Name. Does the login to your domain name vendor still work? Domain vendors frequently change their policies about passwords, some of which will only give an error to prompt you to update the password.
The above steps help your customers keep in touch with you and give a good impression.
Under the hood: check out “Keeping your website hack free” or let us do it for you with a website care plan!