A question came up this week in a consultation call and I thought wow – I bet more than a few people have wondered about how to do this also; right?
Have Your Image Show Up In Comments
Nothing magical about how to do this but when you don’t remember how, it is a spot of bother. No worries; this is easy unless you don’t have an image you want to use.
The secret to this trick is to use Gravatar.com for your WordPress blog. Automattic owns Gravatar (the makers of WordPress) so it is integrated into WordPress, but you do need to complete a few steps.
Set Up Gravatar
- First, register an account with Gravatar.com, if you don’t already have one. If you do have a WordPress.com account, you can connect it.
- Follow the setup steps and add your image and the email address you would like to use.
- Using more than one email address? You can add another email address to your Gravatar account. While logged in at Gravatar, hover over the upper right image of you and select the drop-down link "Add an email address."
Okay, once you have your account set up at Gravatar, head on over to your website.
Connect Your Website to Gravatar
- First, login to your website WordPress Dashboard.
- Click on "Settings" on the lower left and then the "Discussion" link, also located on the left.
- Scroll down to the "Avatars" section to the "Default Avatar" section.
- Click "Gravatar Logo" and click the "Save" button.
Voila, your blog is now connected to Gravatar.com, the most popular avatar system for blogs. Now your picture will appear and many of your commenters, as well.