Research and Needs
Once you have contracted with us, we’ll go over questions, like:
- Who is your target audience? Who do you want to reach?
- What services or products are you selling?
- Who are your competitors?
- Which marketing aspects currently work well on your website (or not)?
- What improvements would you like to make? Not sure? No problem, we have plenty of ideas.
We also evaluate your website to determine technical needs and possible design changes. Our goal is to make sure your website is audience friendly and technically meeting today’s demands at the time of publishing!
Laying the Ground Work
Once we’ve determined your design needs and marketing goals, we’ll gather the “building blocks” needed for the website. After all, if it doesn’t help you market to your audience, your site is just pretty pictures! Steps include:
- Prioritizing marketing elements needed;
- Determining the best layout (think blueprint) for your home page and internal pages;
- Gathering content and photos from the client (logo artwork, etc.); and
- Setting up the test server (where your website will be built). We copy your existing site to the test server where it will be rebuilt.
Designing The Website
Who knew so much preliminary work went into designing a site! Now the fun begins:
- Mockup picture(s) showing potential designs customized to match your brand;
- Upon approval, code the website design on the test server;
- Implement client submitted content (text) changes on pages, etc.; and
- Setup website functionality, like forms and plugins.
Once work is complete, we migrate your new website to your webhost (physical location of your current website) and make it live!
Ready to ditch your old website for a new one that will have your competition drooling?